|at Quality & Company Inc.|
|Date Posted||July 18, 2019|
Company: Quality & Company Inc.
Business information: Tradition, vision & craftsmanship. Woodworking and upholstery Company for the hospitality market.
Business Location: 67 Jacob Keffer Parkway, Concord, ON, L4K 5N8
Work Location: Same as above
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
*This job position’s purpose is to mainly prepare and develop drawings before they go into production
· Prepare engineering designs and drawings
· Develop and prepare design shop drawings
· Design or redesign complex layouts and drawings from general written or verbal specifications for customer approval
· Work with estimating, project management and production departments regarding custom piece accuracy, design, and documentation
· Complete documentation packages and drawing sets
· Examine drawings for conformity and errors
· Prepare engineering documents for customer approval
· Review design layouts to source and resolve problems involving compatibility with basic design concepts and recommend corrective measures for client approval
· Work with engineering and manufacturing team to investigate and resolve problems with existing designs
· Participate in engineering and manufacturing design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
· Supervise and train other drafting personnel
· Prepare engineering change notices and inform internal departments regarding new and revised prints and part disposition
· Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
· Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation (like drawings, bill of materials, list of design parameters, and /performance guarantees) for future reference
· Other duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance and PDM
· Read and interpret blueprints
· Collect, prepare and determine materials to be used for production and keep record for future reference
· Take detailing drawings for complex design
Education and experience: Completion of a one- to two-year college program in drafting OR Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program OR a minimum of 6 months of related experience plus completion of college or industry courses in drafting are required.
Computer and technology knowledge:
-Desktop applications (Microsoft)
-File management software
-Word processing software
-Mail server software (Outlook)
-Image editing software
-Computer-aided design (CAD)
Type of drafting:
Shop drawings, Detailing drafting, Presentation drawings
Work conditions and personal suitability:
Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Attention to detail, Team player, Organized
Salary: $24.00 Hourly, 30 Hours per week.
Benefits: Dental and Extended medical insurance provided.
Work schedule is from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM with 30 minutes of lunch and two paid healthy breaks. Monday to Friday.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by fax: 905-660-4398