|at The Regional Municipality of York|
|Date Posted||September 14, 2017|
Visual Media Coordinator #21264
Community and Health Services Department
Strategies and Partnerships Branch
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: As Required and Varied; Operational Hours: 0830 – 1630
Casual/On-Call, Salary $39.22 – $42.63 per hour
Reporting to the Manager, Strategic Department Communications, is responsible for planning, coordinating, and developing videos for targeted Department projects and digital photography for Department assets and events; working closely on a regular basis with all Department Branches and Corporate Communications to ensure new video and digital photography communication products are current, updated as needed and align with Department and Corporate vision.
· Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Film and/or Video Production, Photography, Media Communications or a related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum two (2) years’ experience in video production.
· Demonstrated experience in creating corporate videos and taking a wide variety of content with ranging subject matter.
· Demonstrated experience using current video and photo cameras and audio recording devices.
· Demonstrated knowledge of effective and current communication strategies, particularly relating to electronic media.
· Thorough knowledge and demonstrated ability in digital editing and related software, including Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Media Encoder and Microsoft Office applications.
· Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
· Strong creative and conceptual skills.
· Project leadership and independence skills to lead multiple media projects and ensure deliverables within required timelines.
· Demonstrated presentation skills to communicate information to diverse audiences and support established project objectives.
· Ability to organize daily workload and set priorities.
· Ability to work independently and work cooperatively with staff and as part of a team.
· Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Please apply on-line by clicking here by September 27, 2017, quoting competition #21264. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.