Signify Design is a commercial interiors and graphic design studio located in Woodstock, Ontario. We are looking to add a talented Senior Designer to our team. This fulltime role will collaborate on innovative design projects with our Senior design team in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. In this role the Senior Designer will be creating drawings including design specifications, manufacturing details and materials information. The Senior Designer will interpret and communicate project details with colleagues and architects, with the purpose of producing accurate specifications from which to build and produce finishing details, furnishing and lighting plans.
- Convert design proposals into working drawings for construction and manufacturing by creating and drawings for millwork, furniture, fixtures and finishing details
- Provide accurate and detailed design drawings, including precise measurements and specifications, that are compliant with company standards, as well design and industry standards
- Create the necessary Bill of Materials (BOM) for all components required for building/manufacturing
- Assist in the maintenance/organization of all project files and reference documentation
- Perform other related duties as required or assigned by the creative director and be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
In order to succeed in this job, you will possess:
- A degree or diploma from a recognized educational institution, ideally in: architectural technology, design drafting, or related field
- 3+ years of experience as an architectural technologist / designer or commercial interior designer, or related field
- Expert level industry software knowledge in AutoCAD and Revit
- Additional knowledge and experience with other industry software: Sketchup, 3D Max, CAM software, Adobe photoshop
- Experience with space planning, materials selection, visual merchandising and interior design fundamentals and an excellent understanding of current design techniques, trends, and processes
- Knowledge of millwork, furniture design, substrate materials and lighting fixturing
- Experience within the Canadian commercial construction industry; general construction knowledge and/or knowledge of building codes will be an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong illustration techniques
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Our company offers:
- Competitive remuneration commensurate with past experience and knowledge level
- Group Health Benefits and RSP Matching (following the standard probationary period)
When applying for this position, please submit your CV along with a link or attachment to a portfolio of your work, if available. Email to: email@example.com
Although we appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, only those that qualify will be contacted for an interview.