|at Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited|
|Date Posted||February 22, 2018|
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Job Location: 18 Auriga Drive
To use exceptional creative abilities to prepare conceptual designs, artwork, illustrations and digital engravings for the production of a wide range of security documents.
· Creation of conceptual models for security products that include banknotes, travel documents, identity documents, certificates, cards and stamps;
· Prepare illustrations and drawings, for concept designs, digital engravings and secure linework for production;
· Contribute to ongoing development of new security features implemented through novel design applications;
· Review conceptual designs with production staff and implement recommendations for production compliance;
· Provide operational maintenance of the design system, which includes file management;
· Interface with Corporate sales management staff and with customers, as required, to understand design requirements;
· Prepare and present design models or proofs for customer presentation;
· Participate, as required, in the approval process during press proof trials and initial production runs to achieve customer sign-off;
· Conduct research, prepare images and artwork for concept designs, create final artwork files for production.
· Graphic Arts or Design diploma or degree from a recognized arts program or Apprenticeship program and/or relevant working experience in the field of security products design;
· 8+ years experience in design, illustration and/or engraving freehand and computer assisted, for security products design;
· Above average design, composition, illustration and drawing skills are required with ability to render portraits and subject matter in high detail with exceptional accuracy;
· Engraving skills and knowledge of engraving techniques are required;
· Knowledge of security features, security printing, security line work and associated processes;
· Understanding of Security Print production processes and requirements;
· Technical proficiency in a PC environment with a Microsoft Windows operating system;
· Proficiency with specialized security design software (JURA JSP, Giori “One”);
· Experience using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign or related software;
· Excellent communication skills in English (oral, written and listening). Other languages are an asset;
· Accuracy and attention to detail;
· Ability to work independently, without supervision and relate well in a team environment;
· Organizational skills and a strong understanding of deadlines and commitment to schedules;
· Good research skills;
· Creative problem solving skills.
· Criminal records check required
Wage: Salary range $80,000 to $100,000
Benefits Package: Relocation assistance, Group Benefit Plan, Pension Plan
Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited
18 Auriga Dive, Ottawa, Ontario K2E 7T9
As an equal opportunity employer, Canadian Bank Note Company, Limited is committed to achieving a skilled and diversified workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. We encourage applications from women, visible minorities, people with disabilities and Aboriginal people.
No phone calls or agencies, please.