|at Bayard Presse Canada Inc.|
|Date Posted||April 11, 2018|
Bayard Presse Canada Inc. / Bayard Inc.
Bayard Canada currently has an opening for a full-time Production Coordinator at its Toronto office to provide hands-on support for Owlkids, Novalis and other Bayard divisions as necessary by liaising with third-party service providers in the quality reproduction of printed materials and by managing creative assets for cross-media and distribution chain use.
Bayard Canada is a communications company — publishing books, magazines, websites and apps in three central, but separate, markets, youth up to 18 years old, seniors, and Christians — particularly Catholics.
Headquartered in Montreal with a second office in Toronto, staff work on the editorial, production, design, marketing, customer service, and distribution of the Bayard brands — including Chirp, chickaDEE and OWL magazines, Owlkids Books, Bayard Jeunesse Canada, Bayard Canada Books, Novalis, and BND Distribution.
- Preflighting, output, external transmission and proof approvals of final files for print purposes
- Final asset management including file creation, updating and archiving of product source files and marketing assets for third-party dissemination
- Coordinating third-party image capture (scanning, photography, etc.) of original visual content including quoting, couriering, final file transmission and invoice processing
- Maintaining colour management workflow, including soft-proofing station calibration and internal implementation of third-party ICC colour profiles, application settings and print devices
- Maintaining FTP site user accounts and folder structure
- Quoting of print jobs, purchase ordering, coordinating product delivery and processing of job invoices
- Developing work-back schedules
- Maintaining consistent workflow and application settings among internal design staff and freelance designers
- Two to three years in the book and/or magazine publishing industry with hands-on experience with file preflighting, press-ready output and printing process requirements
- Great technical and trouble-shooting skills with a high proficiency in Adobe Indesign, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Experience with colour management with a focus on ICC profile use and screen calibration
- Solid understanding of long-document layout and formatting in Adobe InDesign
- Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to independently organize and prioritize work
- Able to handle concurrent deadlines
- Assets: Colour correction in Photoshop, scripting for automation, French language
To apply, send your resume by April 27, 2018 to: