|at Wild Eye Designs Canada|
|Date Posted||October 12, 2017|
Are you a self-motivated creative with a fertile imagination and tireless need to take on challenges and problem solve? Are you looking to take charge of your creative career by inventing and pursuing exciting new endeavours? Do you want to look forward to coming to work in the morning and being an active member of a fun and motivated team? We need you!
Established in 2004, Wild Eye Designs is a leading North American supplier of Barware, Tabletop and Bakeware products. We are a quickly growing business, and have a broad client base including major North American stores such as T.J. Maxx, Bed Bath & Beyond, Burlington Coat Factory, Francesca’s, Winners, HomeSense, Home Outfitters, Spencer’s, Tuesday Morning and Total Wine.
While our parent brand Wild Eye Designs specializes in chic wine and tabletop products, we do have four other brands under our umbrella. Wink is our second largest brand, consisting of funny novelty barware and home goods. Kitsch*N Glam is a quirky and cute ceramic-centric kitchenware line. Our newest brand initiatives include established industry icons Member’s Only, the men’s fashion brand and the ever-refreshing beer brand Corona.
Our office is an open concept space located downtown in Toronto’s colourful Kensington Market. The four-person Design Department has been built on a foundation of collaboration and creative support, in which all members work together to produce well-rounded and unique products as a team. While the company atmosphere is laid back and fun, the designing process is fast paced and requires an abundance of innovative ideas and initiatives.
- Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design or Product Design
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the Design industry, preferably in products or packaging
- Expertise in CS6, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Adept in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Creative and efficient packaging design, from dielines to materials
- Familiarity with branding guides, licensing specifications and numerous individual brand and client identities
- Sensational catalog design and client presentations
- Exciting marketing materials, interactive initiatives and various media for print and web
- Love for shopping, fashion, market research, trends, social media, memes, gifs and everything else that’s awesome
- Passion for illustration, fine art and expressive typography
- Photography and photo editing experience
- Good understanding of different production methods and materials
- Love of arts & crafts, construction and DIY-style design development
- Hardcore multitasking skills, even when working under tight deadlines
- Hawk eyes for accuracy and attention to detail with print and production ready files
- Creative flexibility as far as an openness to critique, revisions and constructive team brainstorming
- Lust for learning and a positive attitude for taking direction from clients, superiors and team members
- Diligent note taking and independent time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills and a commitment to teamwork and open dialogue
- A professional demeanour, capable of representing the company at client meetings and trade shows
Above and beyond:
- Familiarity with 3D rendering or Industrial Design, and any 3D software such as Solidworks
- Experience with multimedia software, such as Flash, After Effects, or Premier Pro
- Web design or Word Press experience
- Bartending or food industry knowledge
- Trade show experience
- Can communicate in Mandarin or Cantonese
- G Drivers License
- To be an integral contributing force in the growth of a company identity
- The sense of pride that comes with seeing your teamwork contributions manifest from an initial concept to a complete product at store-level
- Utilize your love of fine foods and drink in a creative work setting
- Potential to jet-set internationally for trade shows and production research
- To be creative in as many ways as possible, every minute of every day
If you’re as excited as we are by this opportunity please send a resume along with a portfolio as a pdf or as a link.
Only suitable applicants shall be contacted.