|at Senate of Canada|
|Date Posted||February 1, 2018|
About this job
The Multimedia Designer is responsible for creating visual content that engages various audiences and informs them about the work of the Senate. The Multimedia Designer conceptualizes, develops and produces various digital content for video productions, presentations, social media and the web.
1. Researches, designs and produces a variety of products including motion graphics, web pages, social media graphics, dynamic presentations and design elements for videos.
2. Leads the development of multimedia projects from start to finish, taking them from concept to pitch to execution to approval and publication. Plans and creates physical and computer records, files electronic archives of projects, backs up all documents on the server, and administers correspondence pertaining to projects.
3. Liaises with clients to identify project requirements. Makes recommendations about the most appropriate type of digital content for the project. Makes typeface, image and design recommendations, obtains agreement on design, negotiates changes and ensures products are prepared in time and to the client’s satisfaction.
4. Creates digital presentations, in collaboration with colleagues, using digital, visual and audio media.
5. Helps maintain an image and video bank, ensures the quality of images and video footage and their storage in the data bank.
6. Conducts other communications activities, as directed by the supervisor, such as participating in interparliamentary committees or working groups to provide technical and design expertise.
7. Helps maintain content on the Senate website.
University degree or college diploma in multimedia production, graphic design or related field of study.
Experience in the design and development of motion graphics for social media and videos. This includes developing storyboards and concepts, including animations within videos, manipulating existing animations and optimizing files to post on social media.
Experience in technical planning, design, development, testing and implementation of web pages and online publications; this includes knowledge and hands-on experience of specialized website development languages (e.g. CSS; HTML), website editing software (e.g. Microsoft Sharepoint; Adobe Dreamweaver) and multimedia software (e.g. Adobe After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Muse, Animator, etc.).
Experience in maintaining a website using a content-management system such as Umbraco, Drupal or WordPress.
Experience working in a Mac environment.
Linguistic Requirements (see Qualification Standards)English Written Comprehension: C English Written Expression: B English Oral Proficiency: C French Written Comprehension: C French Written Expression: B French Oral Proficiency: C
Knowledge of concepts, methods and techniques behind creating solutions for digital communications that will support the activities, events and programs of the Senate of Canada.
Knowledge of industry software to produce graphic concepts and animations for digital products.
Knowledge of typography, colour theory and design.
Knowledge of techniques, methods and practices relating to social media to provide creative services in web design, templates, and other tools to be used by the Communications Directorate via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and other communications platforms.
Knowledge of the WCAG standards on accessibility to ensure technical compliance on the Senate website.
Teamwork and cooperation
Expertise in the methods and techniques for conducting quality assurance and troubleshooting web pages/websites, etc., experience in professional photography and filming services, experience in creating 3D animations and illustrations.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates must meet the condition(s) of employment at the appointment phase and maintain them for the duration of their employment in this position.
Candidates must consent to supply personal information and obtain a security accreditation in order to be eligible for appointment.
Please apply online: https://jobs-emplois.sen.parl.gc.ca
Closing date: February 22, 2018