|at Lord Cultural Resources|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2018|
Reporting to the Graphics Communications Manager the Graphic Communications Designer is responsible for designing a wide variety of products including editorial layouts, marketing materials, and exhibition graphics. The Graphic Communications Designer will also contribute to the conceptualization and execution of communications and content marketing efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Editorial layout, design, and editing content as per Consultants and Client consultations and requests;
- Design promotional graphics and content marketing assets (i.e. social media graphics, infographics);
- 2D graphic design for internal and external projects and clients; including exhibition design (concept design, design development, final artwork);
- Responds to the need of report, proposal, presentation and any other communication materials (i.e. formatting, editing, copying, binding);
- Back up support for the company website, electronic communications (e-blasts) and social media forums, including coding (html), uploading content (content management system);
- Collaborates and communicates with Graphic Communications Manager, Senior Management, and Consultants to ensure designs are approved and products are completed on time;
- Collaborates with the communications team to conceptualize strategic communication campaigns;
- Assistance in planning and execution of office events and conferences as needed;
- Participates in internal teams and initiatives as required;
- Administrative support and tasks such as responding to information requests, ordering office supplies, coordinating with external printers and suppliers[MS1], and completion of timesheets; and
- Other duties as required.
The qualified candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, committed and adaptable team player. You must be detail oriented and quality conscious, have impeccable time and project management skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm in museums, culture, and the arts. Other key qualifications include:
- Demonstrated graphic design and editorial design experience;
- 2-4 years’ design related experience;
- Proven Experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); including MS Word design and layout tools;
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and/or other design software;
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design or related discipline and/or equivalent applicable experience;
- Desktop publishing, layout, print production coordination and assembly experience;
- Experience in Dreamweaver, HTML and/or other web design programs and content management systems;
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills in English (additional languages, such as Arabic, French, Spanish an asset);
- Communications, content marketing, and campaign management experience would be an asset;
- Ability to work on a number of projects simultaneously and be well organized; and
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
If you are an exceptional individual and enjoy and excel working in a fast paced environment that combines independent focus and collaboration please forward your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] – Graphics Communication Designer” before April 20, 2018.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lord Cultural Resources is an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce.