|at Uncharted Software|
|Date Posted||September 4, 2018|
Uncharted Software is currently looking for a Graphic Designer to join our design team and help us tackle a constant stream of projects – each one presenting its own unique challenges. As a design team member, you will help manage our brand identity and marketing materials while also assisting our developer teams with web and software application design. With endless opportunities to expand and apply your talents, strong communication skills, initiative and diligence will help you be successful in this role. Working out of our cool downtown open-concept loft style offices, your responsibilities will involve:
- Designing and managing our corporate and product suite brand identities across print and digital media
- Taking ownership of brand identity and marketing design projects from conception to production, including interfacing with stakeholders and external suppliers
- Assisting fellow designers and developers in web and software application design from wireframes to UI mockups
- Providing status updates on your projects and being able to offer and receive constructive feedback during design critiques
- Delivering on commitments in a timely manner while working independently on your projects and as part of a small agile team supporting larger design initiatives
Required experience and qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in design (or equivalent) with a strong portfolio incorporating modern aesthetics.
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and other relevant design software (proficiency in Figma is a plus)
- Knowledge of HTML & CSS
- Strong layout abilities with keen attention to detail
- Current knowledge of design culture and industry trends
- The ability to switch gears quickly in response to changing company priorities
- Patience, diligence and curiosity to help you understand client needs
- Strong teamwork and relationship-building skills
- Inspired and incisive copywriting skills is considered an asset
- Knowledge or experience in Information/Data Visualization, User Experience (UX) design, User Interface (UI) design, or Human-Computer Interaction are huge assets
More about Uncharted…
- We cater to the talented and ambitious who thrive on open collaboration and want to work on projects that directly contribute to solving real world problems
- Work/life balance is important to us
- We have no dress code – hoodies, shorts and flip flops are the norm!
- We offer flexible work hours
- We throw some pretty awesome social events!
- We close the office between Christmas and New Years and give all our staff time off with pay!
If this sounds like a team you want to join or further explore, please send us your resume to email@example.com and remember to quote “Graphic Designer” in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest but, unfortunately, can only contact those who are selected for a telephone interview. You must be able to meet Security Clearance Level II requirements including a police background check. No phone calls or agencies, please.
For more information about Uncharted, visit our website at http://www.uncharted.software