|at Golf Canada|
|Date Posted||February 23, 2018|
Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Oakville, Ontario
Reports to: Design Manager
Ideal Start Date: March 2018
The Graphic Designer must have a strong background in design and design production for both the digital and print medium. This person must be a creative visual thinker who is able to manage multiple tasks and projects; taking them from concept to completion, with an ability to demonstrate a desire to collaborate well with colleagues. They must be able to balance varying thoughts and ideas specific to the creative output, and be able to produce solutions that meet brand guidelines in combination with conveying the business stakeholder’s vision and message.
- Responsible for the design and production of a wide range of marketing and sales materials including PowerPoint;
- Presentations, email templates, landing pages, pdfs, e-brochures, flyers, posters and more;
- Assist the Design Manager in developing engaging and innovative concepts through discussions and planning sessions with Golf Canada team members;
- Ensure quality is a priority in developing materials;
- Continually evolve design and production capabilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABIITIES:
- A graduate of a college-level graphic design program;
- Minimum 5 years experience and an exceptional portfolio that demonstrates the ability to take projects from concept to completion;
- Detail-oriented, focused and deadline-driven;
- Ability to juggle several projects at once and prioritize tasks to successfully meet individual delivery timelines;
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
- Ability to write persuasive copy as a starting point for marketing material development;
- Sharp sense of design, visual aesthetic and typography and awareness of new and emerging trends in design;
- Ability to collaborate with business stakeholders and team members to produce materials that meet program needs and requirements;
- Expert level capabilities with Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Experience working with HTML/CSS, PHP/MYSQL and email marketing automation systems is a plus;
- Golf Knowledge and Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset.
HOURS OF WORK:
Golf Canada’s regular hours of work are 40 hours per week, namely Monday to Friday, 8 hours a day and 5 days a week including a one hour lunch. However, the demands of your position may require your hours of work to vary to meet the objectives of your employment. Due to the nature of this position, there may also be some travel required and the need to work some weekends.
Golf Canada – Human Resources
1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to five (5) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 12:59pm, Wednesday March 16th, 2018. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada has four core values “Respect, Responsiveness, Inclusion, Purposeful” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada recruitment, hiring, and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.