|at Lord Cultural Resources|
|Date Posted||October 3, 2018|
Founded in 1981 in response to an emerging need for specialized planning services in the museum, cultural and heritage sector, Lord Cultural Resources is now the world’s largest cultural professional practice. With the successful completion of more than 2,200 projects in 57 countries on 6 continents, the firm has earned an international reputation for sector leadership, innovation and excellence.
We are dedicated to the creation of cultural capital worldwide, the value created as a result of the maximization of cultural resources. Our mission is to collaborate with people and organizations to plan and manage cultural places, programs and resources that deliver excellence in the service of society.
We distinguish ourselves through a comprehensive and integrated full-service offering built on a foundation of visioning, planning and implementation. We help clients clarify their goals; we provide them with the tools to achieve those goals; and we leave a legacy as a result of training and collaboration. Our clients are in all sectors including private and public corporations, foundations, governments and non-profit institutions.
With a network of offices in Toronto, New York, Mumbai and Beijing, we conduct ourselves with respect for local adaptation, cultural diversity and collaboration, embodying the highest standards of integrity, ethics and professional practice. Please visit our website at www.lord.ca to learn more.
As a member of the Communications team, reporting to the Graphic Communications Manager, the Graphic Communications Designer is responsible for designing a wide variety of products including editorial layouts, marketing materials, and exhibition graphics. The Graphic Communications Designer will also contribute to the conceptualization and execution of communications and content marketing efforts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create engaging designs as per Consultants and Client consultations and requests (with a focus on editorial graphic design);
- Design corporate and promotional graphics and content marketing assets (i.e. business cards, brochures, social media graphics, infographics);
- 2D graphic design for internal and external projects and clients; including exhibition design (concept design, design development, preparation of production-ready files);
- Collaborates and communicates with Graphic Communications Manager, Senior Management, and Consultants to translate project needs into beautiful designs ensuring designs are approved and products are completed on time;
- Communicates with consultants to finalize designs and adjusts designs according to feedback; Responds to the need of report, proposal, presentation and any other communication materials (i.e. design, formatting, editing, printing, copying, binding);
- Back up support for the company website, electronic communications (e-blasts) and social media forums, including coding (html), uploading content (content management system);
- Collaborates with the communications team to conceptualize strategic communication campaigns;
- Layout and some copywriting for newsletter and online content;
- Assistance in planning and execution of office events and conferences as needed;
- Participates in internal teams and initiatives as required;
- Administrative support and tasks such as responding to information requests, ordering office supplies, coordinating with external printers and suppliers, and completion of timesheets; and
- Other duties as required.
The qualified candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, committed and adaptable team player. You must be detail oriented and quality conscious, have impeccable time and project management skills, and have a genuine enthusiasm in museums, culture, and the arts. Other key qualifications include:
- Demonstrated graphic design and editorial design experience;
- Detail-oriented and committed to delivering high-quality products;
- Good eye for page layout and interested in design trends;
- Proven Experience in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); including MS Word design and layout tools;
- Highly proficient with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and/or other design software;
- 2-4 years’ design related experience;
- Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma in Graphic Design or related discipline and/or equivalent applicable experience;
- Desktop publishing, layout, print production coordination and assembly experience;
- Experience in Dreamweaver, HTML and/or other web design programs and content management systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English (additional languages, such as Arabic, French, Spanish an asset);
- Communications, content marketing, and campaign experience would be an asset;
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and be well organized; and
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
If you are an exceptional individual and enjoy and excel working in a fast-paced environment that combines independent focus and collaboration please forward your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “[Your Name] – Graphic Communications Designer”.
Applications will be reviewed as received. Posting will remain active until position is filled.
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lord Cultural Resources is an equal opportunity workplace and welcome cultural diversity in our workforce.