|at Havergal College|
|Date Posted||October 4, 2017|
Havergal College is a pre-eminent Canadian independent school for girls from JK to 12. We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic, and dedicated individual to join our staff as the Digital Media Coordinator. This is a part time 2-year contract, 3 days per week.
Now in the third year of its five year strategic plan, Havergal College is looking to actively promote its brand and awareness of the accomplishments of its students, faculty and staff in Canada and abroad. The Digital Media Coordinator will work alongside members of the Communications & Marketing team to develop and manage multimedia projects that will showcase the progress of the strategic plan, profile members of our community and extend the reach of Havergal’s brand, effectively “telling our story” visually. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of developing impactful short-form videos to drive engagement online.
The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for digital story development and video execution from start to finish. Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Oversees the planning, filming, editing and optimization of videos across all channels, including assets for website and social media.
- Develops story concepts and executes all aspects of the story-making process including briefs, storyboards, shot lists and preproduction and postproduction workflow.
- Leads production including shooting, basic lighting and directing.
- Researches all video opportunities, writes scripts and conducts briefing sessions with interviewees.
- Coordinates all video assets, including uploading and distribution of files.
- Schedules the use of in-studio and third party field equipment, consults and advises on equipment procurement and maintenance as required.
- Monitors and reports on emerging video trends and quality standards.
- Supports the team as a backup for social media and digital requests.
- A passionate storyteller with 4+ years related experience, ideally in the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strategic, collaborative and creative approach to work.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, hands-on environment effectively under pressure; meet deadlines; organize and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail and maintain a flexible approach to changing priorities and methods.
- Knowledge of video workflow and digital equipment, including DSLR cameras, audio equipment and lighting.
- Highly proficient with non-linear editing tools: Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Edius, and/or Final Cut.
- Experience using live streaming applications such as YouTube and Facebook Live.
- Knowledge of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Familiarity with software including WordPress, Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
Employment and Application Details
Havergal College offers an excellent working environment and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified and interested candidates should submit a letter of application and resume by October 18, 2017 to: Human Resources, Havergal College, 1451 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario, M5N 2H9 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Digital Media Coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Havergal College is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations please contact Cathy LeBlanc at 416-483-3519 ext. 6605 or by email at email@example.com.