|at Ontario Cabinet Office|
|Date Posted||October 26, 2017|
Design Lead, Creative Director
The Cabinet Office’s Marketing and Digital Strategy team seeks a motivated Design Lead, Creative Director to develop engaging digital and social campaign products, layout web pages, and design print, marketing and event products in a fast-paced team environment.
What can I expect to do in this role?
• Coordinate, research, design and develop creative elements for digital, social and marketing campaigns
• Work directly with Premier’s Office staff to deliver event products in a fast-paced environment
• Investigate, recommend and apply design trends and accessibility best practices
• Implement accessible designs in HTML and CSS
How do I qualify?
Graphic and Event Design Software Experience
• You have demonstrated experience in graphic and event design, digital and graphic manipulation software
• You have demonstrated experience with the Adobe Suite of products, including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign
• You have demonstrated experience producing print, event, social, digital, webpages, and online marketing products
• You have demonstrated experience developing print products (invitations, brochures etc.) and event materials
• You have demonstrated experience developing, designing and producing relevant and appropriate visual products and services for clients as required
Current Trends, Technologies and Languages
• You have knowledge of design, media and communication trends/technologies and languages
• You have knowledge of communications and design principles and practices
• You have knowledge of accessibility best practices for online and print design
• You have demonstrated experience with HTML and CSS for building webpages
• You have demonstrated experience using current online and media production application and software, technology, techniques and practices involved in producing digital media, print and web content, event media design and production, as well as digital protocols and applications
• You have knowledge of hardware, including printers, scanners, and projectors, to format data and integrate software with technology, evaluate and recommend purchase of equipment to operate and instruct others in use of equipment
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
• You have strong oral and written communication skills
• You have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong relationship management skills to liaise with senior Premier’s Office Staff on high priority and potentially sensitive projects
• You have strong organization skills to manage priorities and produce work within tight timelines
• You have demonstrated the ability to be flexible and work independently or as part of a team
• You have demonstrated experience exercising tact, discretion and political acuity when working with senior staff
Project Management Skills
• You have strong project management skills, including developing project plans, establishing priorities, settling schedules, creating measurement reports and providing costs as required
• You have demonstrated the ability to coordinate, conceptualize and execute a variety of projects in partnership with management and staff
Salary Range: $71,165 – $90,446 per year
· 1 Permanent, 99 Wellesley St, WHITNEY BLOCK, Toronto, Toronto Region
· 1 Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 99 Wellesley St, WHITNEY BLOCK, Toronto, Toronto Region
A cover letter is not required. Please submit your resume (not exceeding five (5) pages), including a link to your ONLINE portfolio. Please do not include shortlinks/URL shorteners in your email or attachments as your email may get blocked by spam filters.
Please submit applications/résumés by Thursday, November 16, 2017, quoting “Design Lead, Creative Director” (Job ID 113331) in the subject line, to:
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.