|at KOTT Inc.|
|Date Posted||January 23, 2020|
Company: KOTT Inc.
Business information: KOTT is a supplier of lumber, building materials and factory-built framing components (roof trusses, pre-engineered floor systems, panelized walls and floors). Our customers are residential home builders and construction professionals.
As a full-time member of the KOTT Inc. Design & Engineering team, your key responsibility is to draft and prepare engineering designs related to wall and floor panels for residential construction, based on customer-provided plans and Scopes of Work.
KOTT Inc. offers a competitive benefits package, a great values-based work environment, and career advancement opportunities. Occupational Health & Safety is a huge priority at our workplaces.
Business address: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON K2J 4S8
Work Location: the main work address will be: 14 Anderson Boulevard, Stouffville, ON T4A 7X4 and occasional work in the following address: 3228 Moodie Drive, Ottawa, ON K2J 4S8 for specific projects.
Type of Employment: Full time Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Prepare engineering designs and drawings
- Develop and prepare designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets and other data
- Complete documentation packages and produce drawing sets
- Prepare construction specifications, costs and material estimates
- Write technical reports
- Prepare contracts and tender documents
- Write specifications
- Estimate costs and materials
- Train other drafting personnel
- Examine drawings for conformity and errors
- Read and interpret blueprints, building plans and drawings
- Operate computer-assisted design (CAD) and drafting workstations
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Use Mitek software to design and draft Factory-built Wall & Floor panels
- Identify and flag any design issues or discrepancies noticed during the design process
- Communicate with KOTT team members to complete designs and send them to production, in accordance with project timelines
- Communicate with customers, if required, for clarification on plans or details
- Track work assignments using KOTT’s Enterprise Resource Management software
- Education: Completion of a two- to three-year college program in design, drafting technology, civil engineering, architectural technology or in a related field is required. Equivalent experience will be considered if educational requirements are not met.
- Two years’ experience as a drafting technologist, panel designers (or other framing components) is a great asset
- Familiarity with workflow, procedures and framing techniques used on a construction job site is considered an asset
- On-the-job training is provided
- Language: English required, French is an asset
- Experience with Mitek design software, particularly Mitek Sapphire is preferred
- Strong general computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office products
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and drawings is mandatory
- Familiarity with the Ontario Building Code is an asset
- Knowledge of residential building components and construction terminology is an asset
Salary: $28.37 to $30.00 hourly, 40 Hours per week
Benefits: disability, dental and extended medical insurance will be provided. Also Employee Family Assistance Program, discounted branded clothing, referral bonus, employee recognition program, a Perks program to get discounts on a variety of 3rd party goods and services, community support for a non-profit organization chosen by the employee and employee and family events. Transportation costs to Ottawa will be covered when required.
– Flexibility in schedule is required to work extended hours/overtime and/or weekends on occasion to meet customer deadlines
– The employee will work from Monday to Friday, from 7:30AM to 4:00PM.
Apply by e-mail to: email@example.com
Apply by mail: PO Box 11401, Station H, Ottawa, ON K2H 7V1