|at Banff Hospitality Collective|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2019|
$23 – $27 per hour
Banff, AB Canada
Banff Hospitality Collective is searching for a talented and creative individual to fill a unique role in Banff, Alberta.
Banff Hospitality Collective is a multi-concept restaurant group. Our 11 restaurants, distillery & bowling ally are all located within a 5 minute walk of each other in downtown Banff. Banff National Park inspires us with 6441 km² of protected canvas. This vast inspiration is the cornerstone of everything we create.
- Minimum 4 years experience in Graphic Design, Videography, Photography & editing
- References required
- Representative portfolio of work may be requested
The role is for a Creative Designer in the hospitality industry, with experience in a number of fields of design, including but not limited to, graphic design, brand design, videography, photography, video and photo editing, social media and web design, as well as experience in the hospitality industry itself, preferably in fast paced, management roles within unique restaurants that bring a wealth of knowledge of the industry to the design table. We believe that design walks hand in hand with hospitality and you cannot execute it to its full potential without living it.
Perks of the Job:
- 25% off food at all BHC venues
- Competitive wages & salaries
- Local ski hill & golf pass financing
- Nightclub VIP line entrance & no cover for you and one guest
- Education reimbursements (up to 50% for career related courses)
- Group benefits plan including health, dental, EAP, life, and disability available to tenured employees (15 month waiting period)
- Variety of kitchens & cuisine
- Promote internal development and growth
- Referral Incentive programs (referral & summer bonus)
- Join our Summit Club
- Volunteer with the Collective Community Commitment
- Lots of social gatherings and fun!
- Handles design jobs from 9 unique restaurants with strict brand standards, across a range of mediums and deliverables
- Conceptualizes, organizes, leads and completes venue photo and video shoots, including editing content into usable marketing materials
- Content creation for social media campaigns according to brand standards, themes, and venue expectations
- Conceptualize and produce graphic art and visual materials to effectively communicate information for publications, videos, packaging, posters, signs and interactive media such as social media and website.
- Uses knowledge of best practices for troubleshooting video, audio and lighting equipment, as well as video compression output and encoding
- Consult with managers to establish overall look, graphic elements and content of communications materials in order to meet their needs
- Determine the medium best suited to produce the desired effect and the most appropriate vehicle for communication
- Create photo and illustration bank to utilize in producing content.
- Maintains active knowledge of and skills related to restaurant and bar management, in addition to industry standards, trends and practices. May be required to have an active presence in venue including working shifts.
- A minimum 4 years experience in Graphic Design, Videography, Photography & editing
- High proficiency in the Adobe Suite, specifically:
– Adobe Photoshop
– Adobe Illustrator
– Adobe Lightroom
– Adobe Premiere Pro
– Adobe After Effects
- Proficiency and working knowledge of video equipment, in conjunction with necessary sound and lighting equipment, as well as stabilizing hardware.
- Familiarity with Iconosquare
- Experience with motion graphics with the ability to design and produce industry standard video effects such as animated titles, graphic overlays, and special effects
- A minimum of 1 year managing social media accounts for different companies or brands
– Your role will include co-managing social accounts for multiple hospitality venues- planning and producing content in advance and on the go.
– Experience with social advertising management
- Experience in a restaurant or hospitality venue, preferably in a management role, with working knowledge of and experience in bartending and serving roles and requirements
- Complete tasks with tight deadlines
- Ability to draw and illustrate
- A passion for food and drink
- Energy, enthusiasm, and room to learn
- Ability to work in a lively, buzzing, dog friendly environment
- Ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal skills