Why work at Bow Valley College? Mostly because we’re a great place to work. Don’t just take our word for it—we’ve been named one of Alberta’s Top 70 Employers every year since 2015. We want to see our learners, and each other, succeed. Our employees consistently say that the people, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors keep them at the College.
Our highly-skilled and gregarious Marketing and Communications team is currently looking for a Campaign Marketing and Media Coordinator. If you have a knack for recommending great media buys for traditional and social campaigns, we might like to meet you.
Can you research potential media buy opportunities, negotiate the best rates on behalf of the College and monitor the performance of our ads? Can you build and foster strong relationships with our media partners? Do you have a proven track record and an eye for detail?
If you’re nodding your head in agreement, keep reading.
The Campaign Marketing and Media Coordinator reports to the Senior Marketing Strategist, and works with the Team Lead, Creative Services in ensuring material deadlines, ad specs, and strategic objectives are met.
Some of the things we’ll ask you to do:
- Works directly with media channels to coordinate/negotiate the best placement, highest value-add, and optimal use of budgeted funds to place advertisements
- Develops media objectives and strategies, coordinate schedules and facilitate payments on the execution of all media plans and event participation
- Implements and manages effective media buys
- Develops ad-hoc media buy recommendations, including date, spend, and media vehicles/platforms, as well as ad buy and creative insertion deadlines
- Ensures multiple buys do not overlap inappropriately in various regions/platforms
- Relies on broad skill set and knowledge within the media buying and Marketing and Communications fields
- Stays current on media outlets within Calgary, the College’s regional stewardship area of southern Alberta, the province, and key markets within Canada
- Maintains close contact with media representatives to keep abreast of current data
- Mindful of the Comprehensive Institutional goals, Annual Report, Annual Marketing and Communications Plan, departmental marketing, market trends and prospective student personas, the Campaign Marketing and Media Coordinator provides research to the Director on:
- Media buy opportunities
- Media trends and innovations
- Researches/reviews College creative campaigns to ensure clear and concise communication to the intended audience(s) with an eye to demographic, psychographic, geographic, and project details
- Provides recommendations considering circulation, audience information, and product usage information to determine appropriate choices
- Evaluates various syndicated research and draw conclusions /provide profiles
- Provides research in the form of written reports in a timely fashion
Job Requirements *
What you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Marketing or Business; or equivalent work experience in the field
- 5+ years as a media buyer within an agency, not-for-profit, or post-secondary education institution environment, or equivalent experience as a freelancer combined with education.
- 5+ years researching and editing/writing experience marketing expertise/savvy
- Experience managing multiple clients in a creative or communications agency, or in-house
What we hope you’ll also have:
- Successful track record working effectively and professionally with media sales representatives
- Proven experience working collaboratively and successfully within a team setting
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with various audiences verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to receive and implement strategic direction
- Proven experience and demonstrated ability working within budget and time parameters
- Proven experience working within and promoting corporate brands
- Proven experience in the area of research
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and media planning tools
- Find your way around common computer applications and project management systems (such as Wrike) without getting hopelessly lost
If this sounds like you, send us your resume and a gripping cover letter.