|at McGregor Industries Inc.|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2018|
For over 85 years, McGregor Industries has been crafting high-quality socks and legwear. As a family operated company, McGregor is rooted in a tradition of premium craftsmanship and innovation. These guiding principles have allowed McGregor to become the number one brand of better socks and legwear in Canada, as well as a marketer of socks and legwear in about 80 countries around the world. Current brands are: Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, Cole Haan, Michael Kors, McGregor and Happy Foot.
Role and Responsibilities:
In a team centered Mac based environment, the CAD artist works closely with the Product Designers and Creative Director to interpret, adapt and create original pattern artwork (florals, conversationals, abstracts, geos, foulards, plaids and stripes) for a variety of licensed and house brands. To work closely with the merchandising department on the development of prospective brands and products to meet market needs.
Specific responsibilities are:
- Establish seasonal product cads for each brand that graphically illustrate the product range. Scanning, illustrating, colour reduce and create hosiery patterns. Create original prints and patterns from designer inspiration.
- Match fabric colour swatches so reproduction on colour copiers closely emulates the fabric reference.
- Colour prints and patterns into seasonal palettes via specific direction or independently as needed.
- Generate pattern specific ‘stitchified’ grid artwork for hosiery factories based on final design selection.
- Maintain and organize a library of all products in development and their corresponding artwork files, cad colourways, trims, colour cards etc.
- Generate final output files for designers, merchants and sales for presentation as needed.
- Assist Design team where required.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic team member with a passion for “getting it right”. They will have a high level of drive and creativity to constantly improve their area of responsibility. Preferred qualifications and skills are:
- Team Player: Ability to participate in a team environment. Enjoy the diversity of thought.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop and able to handle large volume of CAD requests.
- Possess an obsessive attention to detail and accuracy as well as a great colour sense.
- Effective Communication: Dialogue freely. Initiate and invite clear written and verbal communication.
- Keen eye to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task as well as manage their own priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take direction from many associates with varying communication styles
- 2+ years direct/related experience in the field of Fashion
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline
To Apply, please email email@example.com with Cover letter & Resume.