|at Ryerson University|
|Date Posted||July 7, 2017|
2 year term contract
Supports the marketing and communications efforts of the Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science (FEAS) by creating, designing and producing high quality and contemporary print, video and digital marketing and communication materials, in collaboration with stakeholders. Responsible for creative and innovative ways of translating concepts and ideas into multimedia formats to tell stories by designing, developing and producing video, digital and print content using a wide range of multimedia tools. Ensures that initiatives effectively promote FEAS’ objectives and key messages.
Successful completion of a post-secondary diploma program in graphic design, multimedia design, visual communications, or media production is required to develop a good understanding of video, audio and new media production processes and to acquire detailed technical knowledge of digital video and audio systems, still photography and computer generated images and animations. The program should have included courses in the theory and application of graphic design, layout and composition as related to print material, visual communication, typography, computer software applications, photography (including design, processes and techniques), colour theory and application, prepress responsibilities, printing processes and applications, creating 2D and 3D motion graphic design ads, opening motion graphics, title sequences, interstitial title graphics and logos, etc. are preferred.
· A minimum of 2 years of direct field experience in the following areas is required:
· Professional experience within an agency in a dedicated marketing/branded communications or similar environment.
· Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, coordinating and implementing digital and graphic marketing and communications activities from production, print and digital marketing and communication materials
· Applying technical skills in a professional setting in graphic design, digital content production and/or advertising industries to create audio, video, gifs, animation, motion graphics, infographics; user experience and user design.
· Project coordination and administration to ensure timely delivery of quality work from vendors and stakeholders.
· Understanding and integrating approved brand elements and ensures that the creative content of all projects reinforce the key components of the FEAS and Ryerson University.
Required skills and demonstrated knowledge:
· Demonstrated knowledge in the theory and application of graphic design including layout and composition, as related to web, print material, visual communication, typography, computer software applications, photography, video and motion graphics.
· Strong knowledge of full colour work;
· Problem solving skills;
· Effective interpersonal skills;
· Good client service focus;
· strong communication skills;
· Must be able to work well under pressure and coordinate multiple deadlines
Candidates are asked to include the website link of their portfolio in resume or cover letter as part of the application process.
Please apply with your cover letter and resume, including the website link of your portfolio to http://www.ryerson.ca/jobs/ by July 21, 2017.
Please go to external opportunities to find Multimedia Designer and Digital Editor