|at Northern College|
|Date Posted||January 31, 2017|
POSITION TITLE: Graphic Designer STATUS: Full-Time
CLASSIFICATION: Payband G
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
SALARY: $28.15 to 32.63/hr (35 hrs/wk)
STARTING SALARY: $28.15/hr
DIVISION: Marketing & Communications
COMPETITION #: 17-05
CLOSING DATE: Feb. 9/17
At Northern College, we’re driven by our commitment to the ongoing success and development of our students, our communities and our staff. A career with Northern College can provide you with meaningful opportunities for your professional growth, and we’re confident that our friendly, collaborative workplace culture will contribute to your personal growth as well.
In addition, to a rewarding career, some of the other benefits offered to eligible full-time employees of Northern College include competitive salaries, a defined-benefit pension plan, a comprehensive benefits package, access to our athletics facilities and a wellness program.
DUTIES: As part of the Marking and Communications Services team, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• providing graphic design and marketing expertise in support of the College’s corporate communications and marketing goals.
• designing and producing print, electronic and new media corporate communication materials and marketing collateral that contribute to, and enhance the College’s corporate and various brand identities.
• Assisting in developing, implementing, and coordinating marketing strategies to promote Northern College’s brand, programs, and services, and to support student enrolment targets.
A detailed job description for this position is available in the Human Resource Services Division.
• A three-year community college diploma in Graphic Design and/or Business Marketing
• Registered Graphic Designer (R.G.D) designation will be considered an asset
• A minimum of three years of graphic design and marketing experience including copywriting, developing, producing and co-ordinating promotional materials and specialty items, establishing production schedules, conceiving and implementing advertising campaigns, and a strong knowledge of pre-press and production of commercially-oriented print, electronic and multimedia collateral
• Excellent understanding of offset printing and pre-press production
• A proven record of successfully designing a wide variety of projects of varying complexity to completion, while handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and tight deadlines.
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and a strong desire for quality and willingness to take ownership of one’s work.
• Team player with excellent communication skills; ability to express and present creative design work/concepts.
• Highly proficient with the following: Microsoft Operating Systems, Adobe Creative Suit 5 (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and In-Design) in a PC environment, MS Office products, FTP; digital file formats such as tiff, gif, eps, jpg, pdf and converting, importing, exporting, uploading, electronically transmitting digital files.
Portfolio samples may be required (please indicate your role in the design if presenting collaborative work).
Proof of valid WHMIS/WHMIS Review card is a requirement for employment with Northern College.
Northern College is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the interview coordinator of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Successful candidate may be required to provide a criminal reference check.
HOW TO APPLY: Please visit the Northern College website at: www.northernc.on.ca and click on the Careers at Northern link to apply through our online job application system.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Northern College, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
Northern College values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Preference will be given to qualified full-time employees within the bargaining unit at Northern College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.