|at Standardbred Canada|
|Date Posted||April 4, 2017|
Standardbred Canada is seeking an enthusiastic Graphic Designer for the Industry Marketing Department.
This Intermediate Graphic Design position, available immediately, is best suited to an energetic individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys a challenge.
- Designing Marketing Materials pertaining to the World Driving Championship and World Trotting Conference
- Designing the annual O’Brien Awards event materials including program, posters, menu, video, ads, etc.
- Designing campaigns for national initiatives
- Designing promotional resources for national initiatives (banner ads, posters, brochures, ads, etc.)
- Production of short promotional videos as required
- Communicating with printers on ad dimensions, graphic requirements and restrictions, file formats and file delivery
- Maintaining and updating the Marketing Portal
- Designing two 16 page editions of Trot 4 Kids annually
- Contributing content to Trot 4 Kids when required
- Ability to design layouts when required
- In-house design for Standardbred Canada
- Web banners
- Contribute your ideas and design solutions
Core skills and experience
- Minimum three years education in graphic design at a college or university level, or equivalent
- A solid knowledge of Mac OS
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in a professional environment, or extensive freelance experience (including pre-press and preferably with a magazine)
- Proficiency in Adobe CS6, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and After Effects
- Solid understanding of graphic design for print, including basic colour correction, photo retouching skills, typography, etc.
- Solid knowledge of print production processes and requirements
- Able to adapt print design for use across digital and social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize projects and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Very strong ability to multi-task, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work flexible hours during busy work periods
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills in order to articulate creative concepts and rationale to team members and industry partners
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to design concepts
- Horse racing or equine background, or interest in horse racing
- Understanding of font management, a practical understanding of the Elements and Principles of Art & Design
- Illustration experience
Interested applicants are asked to send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to Kathy Wade Vlaar at firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a PDF of your portfolio (no more than six examples), or a link to your online portfolio.
Deadline for applications April 21, 2017
We thank all those who apply but only those applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.