|at Salon Communications Inc.|
|Date Posted||February 15, 2017|
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team.
The candidate will report to the Associate Art Director and will work with our editorial and sales teams to facilitate our in-house design and layout needs. Magazine design and layout will be the primary function and development of event collateral and supporting print and digital ad campaigns as a secondary component.
Core skills and experience:
• Minimum three years of graphic design education at a college or university level
• Minimum three years of working experience in a professional publishing environment
• Solid knowledge of print production processes and needs
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
• Expert at adapting print design for use across digital and social platforms with the ability to create engaging visual experiences for social platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with strong typography and layout skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Open to feedback and willingness to make changes to your designs
• Ability to produce well built, organized, and error-free final digital files for print and digital applications
• Strong knowledge in web, WordPress, HTML and digital platforms
• Knowledge of HTML and graphic integration
• Animated gif creation, photography and video editing skills a bonus
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to work flexible hours during busy work periods
• Ability to build strong working relationships with your co-workers
• Sense of humour
• Good team player
Please respond by including the following required items:
• Resume and cover letter
• Links to your portfolio
• Other links to design work that may help us further assess your skills
• Salary expectations
Location: Downtown Toronto, ON
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the necessary requirements, please submit your CV to email@example.com by March 31, 2017
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only candidates being considered for the interview process will be contacted.
Salon Communications Inc. publishers of Salon Magazine (English and French Editions), salonmagazine.ca, Elevate Magazine, elevatemagazine.com and producers of the Annual Canadian Hairstylist of the Year Awards (The Contessa Awards).