|at The Regional Municipality of York|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2017|
Graphic Designer #20251
Community and Health Services Department
Strategies and Partnerships Branch
Location: Newmarket, Ontario. This is a Union position.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: As Required and Varied; Operational Hours: 0830 – 1630
Casual/On-Call, Salary $35.54 – $38.62 per hour
Reporting to the Supervisor, Program Communications, is responsible for the graphic design of all communication products for the Community and Health Services Department. Working with the Branch and Regional staff the Graphic Designer designs, develops and implements a consistent communication strategy for the Department.
· Successful completion of a Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) Degree with a specialization in Graphic Design or successful completion of a Community College Graphic Design Program or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in graphic design with demonstrated experience using a wide variety of communication strategies or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Strong working knowledge of traditional and new marketing concepts, communications technologies and broad knowledge of graphic design technology.
· Well-developed presentation and communication skills and demonstrated ability to apply the principles of graphic design to support and enhance Department initiatives.
· Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
· Thorough knowledge and demonstrated ability in computerized design and knowledge of related software, including Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, QuarkXpress, Flash and Microsoft Office applications.
· Ability to share design concepts and communication strategies with internal and external stakeholders in a manner that supports established project objectives and ensures deliverables in the required timelines.
· Demonstrated ability to apply the principles of adult education in the development of graphic design material.
Please apply on-line at www.york.ca by February 6, 2017, quoting competition #20251. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For additional information on The Regional Municipality of York, please visit the above-mentioned website.