|at Portage College|
|Location||Lac La Biche, Canada|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2017|
Location: Lac La Biche, AB
Job number: 16-CDMO-32-PC
Position type: Full-time continuous
Salary: $44,844 to $58,152 per annum
Posting date: May 15, 2017
Closing date: Until suitable applicant is found
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity on its Corporate Communications team for a Communications and Digital Media Officer. Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications, this position handles all graphic design requests for social media, web and graphic elements and advises management on public relations and communication issues, corporate communication positioning and image and corporate brand. Responsibilities include:
• Complete graphic requests for Corporate Communications, developing brand and image materials.
• Design College image productions, such as Viewbook, Annual Reports, Community Report and Comprehensive Institutional Plan.
• Provide support on graphic design to Marketing Specialists, service areas at all campuses.
• Identify new graphic design trends and incorporate/update look and feel to the College’s overall brand.
• Provide support and training in developing branding guidelines and corporate communication strategy.
• Ensure posters and other productions follow the College’s Visual Identity guideline.
• Write scripts for radio, print and online advertising.
• As required, draft and/or edit press releases and corporate communication materials.
• Support and populate College’s social media accounts and ensure brand standards are followed.
• Research and explore new social media avenues.
• Work with website committee to maintain branding guidelines and assist with web updates and maintenance.
• Produce and create videos for College website and social media sites.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Degree or diploma in public relations, marketing, advertising or communications. Equivalencies may be considered.
• Minimum two years experience in communications or public relations, ideally with experience in new media, graphic design or event planning.
• A strong ability to identify new trends and implement into graphic design, communication strategies and promotion materials.
• Experience in graphic design and editing programs, especially Adobe Creative Cloud.
• Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in a post-secondary institution.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and must be charismatic, outgoing and have strong intuition.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Strong understanding of marketing techniques.
• Ability to work under strict deadlines and display keen problem-solving skills.
• Must be self-directed and able to prioritize workload with little or no supervision.
• Strong computer skills.
• Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
ABOUT OUR COLLEGE & WORKING HERE
Portage College has been serving the region for nearly 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in business, health and wellness, human services, university studies, food sciences, trades and technical, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As an employee at the College, you will benefit from generous paid time off, participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops. Our employees’ dependants can also apply for tuition bursary discounts if they enroll in a program at Portage College.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience, and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we don’t accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.