|Date Posted||May 26, 2017|
The Communications and Marketing team are creators and instigators. Yes, they obsess over details, like commas, fonts, and data points, but they also mix with big ideas. They get people talking, get them stoked and inspired for adventure.
As the Art Director, you’ll work collaboratively in a team environment to bring ideas to life that communicate the MEC brand. You’ll translate marketing and branding strategies into innovative campaigns that blow our members minds.
You’ll work with an inclusive, hands-on, collaborative group that connects people with quality products to encourage active outdoor lifestyles. You’ll always be learning, and there’s a good chance your co-workers will inspire you to try something new, like riding in a Fondo, bouldering or paddleboarding.
What you do:
- Implement MEC’s strategic goals in member and staff communications
- Manage the creative teams’ design, production and freelance resources
- Lead project teams to develop relevant concepts that meet objectives and are consistent and on brand
- Ensure all communications and marketing projects leverage MEC’s brand platform
- Plan, coordinate and produce photo and video shoots
- Collaborate with project owners and creative team production specialists to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
- Promote the professional growth of the creative team, ensuring a high performing unit that follows industry best practices
- Support MEC’s culture of passion for outdoor recreation
- Maintain positive and collaborative internal and external relationships
What you bring:
- Post-secondary degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, Media Arts, or Interaction Design
- 7-10 years of experience as an Art Director, preferably in an agency environment
- A strong portfolio with an emphasis on digital media, mobile, and integrated marketing
- Strong concept, presentation and client-facing skills
- Exceptional leadership abilities. You’re generous with your knowledge and inspire your team members to grow
- Great communication skills – you listen first, then share knowledge. This goes for both speaking and writing
- Flexibility and a positive spirit
- You aren’t afraid to think big or try something new
- Excellent attention to detail – some might call you nitpicky – because you know small things matter
- You can handle projects, lots of projects, at the same time, while keeping your cool
- You’re stoked on something. Maybe you live and breathe design, build trails, crave water, organize hut trips, or ride to work
Bonus points if you…
- Have experience working in the retail sector or have done work for retail clients
- Vous parelz français
- Can name at least 7 flavours of Clif bars
How to apply:
Interested candidates are asked to apply on our website only. Please visit http://www.mec.ca/workinghere to set up a profile, apply for this position or browse through current job postings at MEC. Only applications received through our website will be considered. We thank all applicants for their time and interest in MEC, but will only contact those selected for an interview. Deadline to apply is June 7, 2017.